Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 1 of Rehab

Today we had to be at the hospital at 8:30am to begin our 6 week rehab program. We met at the rehab department where I joined the group I will be with for the next 6 weeks. 4 other ladies needing lung transplants for multiple reasons. The first day was like an orientation day. I completed some surveys and questionaires about my health and did another 6 minute walk test. We got our schedule for the next 6 weeks and saw all of the classes we have to attend. There are even classes just for me and some just for mom. After the quick orientation we headed upstairs to clinic to see the transplant doctors. The doctor still talked about how high risk my surgery is, but did not make it sound discouraging. He talked about iv antibiotics long term before the transplant as well. He said we would talk next week about when they are going to list me. I am hoping it will be in the next week. The sooner the better. After seeing the doctor we were done for the day and headed back to the hotel to relax and check out the hotel. We we also did stop and get groceries so we could cook our own supper!!

No comments:

Post a Comment