Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas

The fun never stops!

Five days before Christmas I talked to the doctor in Calgary and finally explained about the nausea I'd been having and we agreed to stop my iv antibiotics for a week so that I could enjoy Christmas and New Years. After stopping the iv's I felt great! I got to pig out at Christmas and not feel sick! My lungs remained stable and here it is January 8 and the iv's have not been restarted as of yet. I'm hoping I can remain stable and be off of them for a while.

On the 23rd we had Christmas out at my dads house. All of my stepbrothers and their wives/girlfriends were there. We had a big fondue with everyone. It was delicious. I was the first one to start eating and the last to finish. I even out-ate my stepbrothers. We opened gifts with my dad and everyone and then I headed home to relax before we left to be with family on December 24.

My Christmas was great. Spent it at my aunt's house near Rimbey. The whole family came out and we all spent the night and then opened gifts in the morning. Some of the family left after opening gifts to go to the other side of their families. Stacey went with my dad and Roxanne to Edmonton to have dinner with Roxanne's family. I didn't go as it was going to be a late night and lots of driving. I stayed and had dinner with my mom at my aunts house. It was a delicious feast! It was an extremely long day for me and I was exhausted by the time we got home. And what did we come home to.....no power. That was great, haha. We lit candles and sat under blankets. Good thing my portable oxygen was charged up! We were lucky that it was only out for about 20 minutes. I couldn't help but to feel bad for the people in town who were trying to cook their turkeys and then boom, no power!

On the 26th, Mike's family came up and we had Christmas with them. All of his kids were here and baby Mya. His mom and dad also came up from Crossfield. Mom cooked a ham and we had a great dinner and opened gifts with all of them.

It was a busy 4 days of Christmas celebrations for me and I was very tired after all of that, but it was well worth it. My New Years was much more low-key. I spent it at home with my mom and Mike. My aunt and uncle came over and we had appetizers for supper with them and then the 4 of them went in the hot tub and I read my book on the couch. It wasn't a late night for me either. I didn't even make it until midnight, I think I was in bed at 10:30.

Things have been going really well for me so far. I'm hoping to get that call in early 2013 so I can get back on my feet and be back to school to finish my final year of teaching. Hopefully September 2014 will be the year I go back and finish my degree.

A good friend of mine who I met while in the 6 week rehab program in Edmonton has been quite sick. She spent Christmas in the hospital, but was lucky to get a pass to be with her family. She also has Cystic Fibrosis. She has been quite encouraging to me and helped me keep my spirits up. I don't know how she does it, but she is very positive. A couple of days ago, the doctor came into her hospital room and told her that they had lungs for her! She was very excited! She was to go into surgery at 2am. But at 10:30pm she found out that the lungs were full of pneumonia and it was a dry run. My heart was broken for her. She needs new lungs more than anything. I found out that she will most likely be in the hospital now until the new lungs come. I pray that they come soon and that she will start feeling better soon!

I will add some pictures of my Christmas's soon!! Stay tuned for more....

No comments:

Post a Comment