Wednesday, April 29, 2015

.....To Be Continued

Well, the road to recovery continued and the hallucinations (from the narcotics) started. It was really not pretty. They were so bad I was awake for 72 hours just staring at the wall. I hallucinated that I was being given a million dollars and they were putting on a concert for me outside. I was convinced my whole family was hiding this from me and I even tried climbing out of my bed (with all my tubes attached) to go and see what they were doing in the hallways. Turns out they were never there. But I could hear them, it was so real. Mom finally got me calmed down and all washed up one night and as soon as she was done I looked at her and said "okay, I'm ready for the party now." Mom couldn't believe it. I was so out of it. I also saw my sister chasing a monkey/dog under the chair in my room. Turns out she was at home sleeping. Those narcotics really made me crazy and I was happy to get off of them!

I was moved out of the ICU after about 5 days. I made it to the step down unit. Because of all of the antibiotics and new medications I was on I suffered with severe nausea and vomiting for weeks. I couldn't keep anything down. Eventually they started TPN through my IV to give me some nutrition. This lasted a couple weeks until my liver and kidneys started going all out of whack and not working properly. Then they decided to try tube feeds. Just imagine that gross yellow tube hanging out of my nose. I was a piece of work! Tube feeds were okay for feeding me but I still had to try and eat to but that didn't work. Just more nausea and vomiting.

Here is a picture of my lovely yellow tube hanging out of my nose! GROSS!!

They were running out of ideas of how to control my nausea so one day a miracle doctor decided to take the tube out and see if it was irritating the back of my throat and that was why I couldn't eat. So we pulled it out and suddenly I wanted a basket of fries from downstairs. Mom went and got me some and I ate the whole basket!!! Its funny how one day I can't eat anything and the next I'm eating fries! The next day I even had Wendys!

It was so crazy that mom actually took a picture of me eating my Wendys!

The nausea was what was keeping me hospitalized (my lungs and physiotherapy was going great!). As soon as I had 4 good days of eating I was discharged. It had been 6 weeks in hospital.

I still had to continue going to the hospital daily for my physio, which consisted of strength exercises and occupational therapy. I also have to continue on one IV medication for a year so we had to go to the medical outpatients unit twice a day to get my infusion. Here is how our out of hospital schedule looked:

6:00am: Wake up
6:30am: Leave the house
7:00am: Be at medical outpatients to start the iv med
8:30am: transplant clinic (Tuesdays and Fridays)
              physiotherapy (Monday - Friday) We went after clinic if it was a clinic day
10:30am: Occupational Therapy
11:00am: Head home for lunch. We then had the afternoon to ourselves to do what we wanted, but  
                most of the time I was too tired to do anything so we laid on the couch.
5:00pm: Make a quick supper and eat
6:30pm: Head back to the hospital
7:00pm: Be at medical outpatients to start the iv med
8:30pm: Head home and go to bed so we can be up bright and early for the next day.

Here is me at the gym one day working out hard! These machines are what the rehab program consisted of. Lots of strength exercises! But look at me, clearly I'm killing it! I even had time to pose for the picture!!!

All of this continued for 3 months total. We were discharged from the hospital and rehab program on April 2, 2015. It was nice to know I was going home!


  1. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lun,Fribroid,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .., phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

  2. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis,Shingles, Als,Diabetes,Epilepsy,Infertility, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967, Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with.