Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Week 4

Well here it is half way through week 4 and things are still going good. Monday was an exciting morning at clinic. They have finally activated me on the list as a level 1. The doctor said there isnt much difference between a 1 and a 2 because when lungs come in that match me, I will get the call. Now the waiting begins. We've talked to a lot of people that have already had lung transplants and the average wait time seemed to be between 9 months and a year. So I'm not getting to anxious yet. Now I just have to remember to keep my phone on me. Today we had a nutrition class. Still need to keep eating a lot a gaining weight as it will make the surgery and recovery that much easier. The funny part about nutrition is that the class was between 10:30 and 11:15, right after I finished my work out at the gym and I was starving. I had snacks with me in case my blood sugar dropped I'd have something to eat. Guess who ate my snack as we were sitting in nutrition and I was getting a low blood sugar.....MOM!!! Gee thanks! But we made it back to the hotel and I had my regualar, a grilled ham and cheese. Then I had my hour nap and we headed on to West Ed to get out for the day. We stopped for some wings and bought a few things and now we are back at the hotel settling in for our nightly routines. No more classes this week, but we have a couple next week. I will update the blog again then. SIGN YOUR DONOR CARDS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment