Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Beginning.....January 12, 2012

Today I had my first appointment up in Edmonton at the University of Alberta Hospital to meet with one of the transplant doctors after being referred for transplant by Dr. Parkins in Calgary. I met with Dr.Weinkauf for the first time today. He was a great doctor who gave us a lot of information about transplant and really got to know me. My FEV1 is still at 41 currently, but transplant is definitely in my future as I have been declining due to this rare bacteria that I have somehow caught. I guess catching this bug you can say was very bad luck. So after this appointment I will be coming back up to Edmonton for a 5 day transplant workup and assessment. During this week I will undergo many different tests that the doctors will then look at and decide if I am a good candidate for transplant at this center.

No comments:

Post a Comment